Monday, November 9, 2009

Crock Pot "Goop"

My girlfriend, Judy, came up with the name for something that we both make. We have never had each others "goop" but we're pretty certain they are similar. Basically it's stuff we throw in the crock pot, usually with chicken and usually with a "Mexican" theme. Here's how I did mine today.

Put all the following in your pot to serve 4:

4 boneless/skinless chicken breasts OR 6 boneless/skinless chicken thighs
2 cans of Ro-Tel Tomatoes, regular flavor
2 cans of black beans
1 heaping TBSP of chicken/tomato boullion granules (Knorr)
1 to 1 1/2 cups of water
2 tsp of cumin
2 tsp of coriander
1/2 can (small can) of diced "hot" jalapenos - or to taste
1/4 c honey or to taste
2 - 3 TBSP tomato paste

Combine and cook on low for 6-8 hours or till chicken is very tender. I usually check it about halfway through to see if seasonings need to be adjusted. Sometimes I cut the chicken in chunks and I serve it in a shallow bowl over rice with a dollop of sour cream, little grated cheddar. It's pretty darned good!

1 comment:

  1. This sounds so yummy Gale..can you please make me some risotto? I am desperately craving yours! Kori xoxo

    ReplyDelete